What about Radio and TV ownership?
Strangeness in the USA:
- The airwaves (radio spectrum) were public property, but the government has sold this to private parties (companies)
- Elected government officials, who should represent public interest, need to raise big $$ to pay for expensive advertisement airwaves to get elected
- Officials are beholden to those who finance their campaign
- Typically, this financing has a large commercial basis too
- Result: Donít expect government representatives who act to threaten commercial interests